1. Charge whenever you can: Batteries don’t like being charged to 100% and then drained down to 0. Give them a little charge now and then to extend their life.
2. Leave your laptop plugged in all the time: You can’t over-charge your battery. The laptop knows to remove the flow of power when the battery is fully charged.
3. Watch for overheating: You might consider removing your battery if you’re using your laptop plugged in all the time. Regularly check to make sure your vents are clear and use a cooling laptop stand.
4. Leave your phone plugged in all night: Your phone charger knows to stop when the battery is full. The charger will generate heat so be sure to have good airflow around the charger and the phone. NEVER sleep with your phone under a pillow.
5. Charge batteries before storing: If you have backup batteries, give them a 50% charge before storing them away. They will loose charge and age over time, so this gives them a chance to work when you need them.
6. Keep your cool: Be mindful about exposing your phone to heat. Don't leave it in a hot car all day or by a sunny window. Don't sit it on top of your computer or laptop. Wireless and rapid chargers produce a lot of heat and will affect your battery life.
Sorry to say that all your batteries will run out eventually but you can do simple things to stall their death. Just remember to keep them charged and cool! Are you currently having battery issues? We can help!