Typically you'll find that the version that's still installed on your computer is outdated, runs fairly slow, hasn't been updated in years, and doesn't do what you want it to do. Or you don't have anything installed at all. Some computers used to come with a starter version of office but those days are long gone. So you go to the local electronics store to find that the latest versions of Microsoft Office are $99 and up.
That's where Apache OpenOffice comes in!
- OpenOffice offers pretty much the same products Microsoft does, you can edit a spreadsheet, create a presentation, or work on a database, or write up a text document.
- If you've used Microsoft Office or Excel before you'll quickly learn how to use OpenOffice, and if you've never used any type of word processing program before it's super easy to learn how to use OpenOffice!
- OpenOffice has been around for over 20 years, so it's not a recent start-up with a lot of bugs.
- It's free! Totally, positively and absolutely free (yes we know we've mentioned this several times before!) For personal, educational, and business use! There's no restriction on the amount of downloads or computers you can use it on so you don't have to worry about only being able to put it on one or two of your computers when you really need it for every computer/laptop in your house.
- Your OpenOffice documents are compatible with Microsoft Office. When you are saving your file you just have to select "Microsoft Office" and it will work!
So what are you waiting for? You can download it here.
As always, if you have any questions for us, or you need help with your computer, you can Contact Us, we are here to help!