Then it seems to happen overnight. One day you’re logging in normally and jumping right into the action, the next day booting up takes so long you not only have time to do your laundry you have time to make dinner too! Sometimes you could even have enough time to run to the grocery store.
This is the stage where most people throw their hands in the air and start wishing for a new computer. Except your computer isn’t broken and doesn’t need replacing, it’s just….slow. Time-wasting, focus-losing & frustratingly slow.
Like any machine, computers have parts that wear out – particularly if they have moving parts that are in near-constant use.
Hard drives are the #1 cause of speed bottlenecks in most computers.
Traditional hard drives are made up of a stack of round magnetic platters or disks, spinning at up to 7200rpms, while a read/write head (think needle on a record player) on a mechanical arm whizzes back and forth. Eventually, the platters take longer to spin up, can't reach full speed, and the mechanical arm becomes sluggish. Which leaves you waiting. And waiting…
SSD's Can Give Aging Computers A New Lease On Life
Performing a simple upgrade to SSD from a traditional hard drive can knock minutes off boot time, as well as make regular computer operations happen with rapid fire functionality. They’re:
- Cool – Sure awesome but also don’t generate heat, which means other components also run better
- Durable – No moving parts to wear out or break
- Compact - A little larger and thicker than a credit card, think 10 or so stacked
- Long-lasting – You’re actually more likely to replace your entire system before the SSD wears out
- Lightning fast – Data is accessed almost instantly
- Suitable for all systems– laptop, desktop and even netbook
Upgrading your tired hard drive to a super-fast SSD can be done within one - two business days or over a weekend. The upgrade does not affect anything on your computer such as your programs, apps, settings or pictures. Here is what you do.
- You schedule a time to drop off your computer to us (or we can pick it up for a small fee) If we have to order a SSD in we will do that before you drop off your computer to minimize down time.
- We do the upgrade by cloning your data for you as soon as possible
- You pick up or we drop off your computer
Click here to contact us to get the process started! Someone else can do the laundry tomorrow while you are on your super fast computer.