This year’s campaign's slogan, "Together for a Better Internet", is a call to action for all participants to join together and play their part in creating a better internet for everyone, and especially for younger users.
“Together for a Better Internet” encourages individuals to create a better internet by developing four critical skills: the 4Rs: Respect, Responsibility, Reasoning and Resilience.
- Respect– I treat myself and others the way I like to be treated.
- Responsibility – I am accountable for my actions and I take a stand when I feel something is wrong.
- Reasoning – I question what is real.
- Resilience – I get back up from tough situations.
There are many ways you and your organization can get involved with SID2019:
- Show your support for Safer Internet Day using our selfie masks
- Include content on your website, newsletters or other platforms
- Run internal staff events
- Use #SID2019 or #SaferInternetDay on social media
- Sign up your class for our free, SID2019 Virtual Classroom
Whether you’re an individual, school, small business, not-for-profit, sporting club or large corporate we want you to share your support for SID2019.
Every year Safer Internet Day brings tools, education, and awareness to create a safer internet for both kids and adults. From cyberbullying and identity theft to fraud and human trafficking, the internet can be a frightening place. Safer Internet Day and ConnectSafely.org aim to make the internet a better place.