Benefits of Remote Support
- Speed: We can remotely connect to your computer via the Internet and have you up and running normally within 30 minutes. Sometimes you may even be able to follow some simple instructions and leave your computer turned on while you go off to work. Our techs will log on, repair your problem, and you will be good to go when you get back home.
- Convenience: You don't have to move furniture, unplug your computer, untangle all the cords, and drive to our drop off location. Even after the repair-you still have to hook things back up!
Negatives of Remote Support
- Limited Repair Options: A remote session is only available for certain software issues, not hardware problems. Occasionally we can "walk you through" some simple repairs or setting issues over the telephone but most hardware issues require an onsite visit.
- Connection Speed: If you have a slow or unstable internet connection it may take longer and make the task more difficult to fix.
- Accessibility: If you cannot start your computer or it will not connect ot the internet, we cannot perform a remote session.