Business Owners and Managers - Do you have a plan when your server or computer goes down? Learn 5 key items to include in your disaster recovery (DR) plan to make sure you can get up and running in a timely manner!
Imagine your main server or your main computer get struck by a power surge that kills the hard drive and fries the motherboard. What do you do?
If you answer "follow the plan" then you are head of pretty much everyone I have ever talked to. Every business needs a DR plan or Disaster Recovery plan in place to prevent extended down time
Here are the top 5 things you need to have on your Disaster Recovery plan:
- Main contacts at tech company, internet provider, backup company, and anyone else needed.
- Hardware and software asset list
- Know what each computer/server does specifically
- Know who is responsible for getting things back up and running
- Planned steps to recovery to be fully functional again
If you need help with coming up with your disaster recovery plan or want to talk about your backup strategy please contact us for a chat.